written by Destonie Cormier
A New Kind of Tech Company
Hello there! This blog will be focused on Quevera, as a company, as well as the people and culture that make Quevera such an awesome company to work for. We hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as we love creating them!
According to one Quevera employee, “In the short time I have worked for Quevera, I have encountered genuine kindness, support, and excitement from my superiors and colleagues. It is refreshing to work for a company whose employees are excited to work and enjoy their careers.” These positive traits are directly associated with the core values of Quevera, which is where the blog will pick up this week!
Let's Break Down CIPSI and What It Means...
Our core values guide our interactions with our partners, customers, employees, and the community. We refer to these values as CIPSI:
- Courtesy: We display respect and politeness to all Quevera partners and customers.
- Integrity: Our strong moral principles guide us in providing successful solutions to our customers and partners.
- Perseverance: We are committed to providing the best solution and will not stop until the customer is satisfied.
- Simplicity: Technology is complex, we pride ourselves on providing not only the best solution but also the simplest solution to use and maintain.
- Ingenuity: We pride ourselves on employing individuals who are clever, original, and inventive. The truth to business questions will be found in our innovative solutions.
First, we will focus on courtesy.
We strongly believe in the importance of showing politeness in both our attitudes and behaviors towards others. This includes not only speaking with kindness but also acting with kindness.
One aspect of Quevera that sets us apart from others is our focus on giving back to the community that surrounds us. We have organized efforts to help the community in a variety of ways including:
- Mentoring students in the Engineering Department of the University of Maryland
- Partnering with Happy Helpers to support their mission: “To provide food, toiletries, and clothing with compassion and a smile; to spread our belief that if all those able get involved, the human tragedy of homelessness will be solved.” The Quevera team worked closely with Happy Helpers to serve food to those in need. To learn more about Happy Helpers, their mission, and how to help the homeless population in Glen Burnie and Baltimore City, visit them HERE .
- Sponsoring the Floresville, TX Summer Soccer League. This sponsorship helped the league to purchase nets and goals.
- Assisting newly separated or soon to be separated military personnel in career guidance, filling in skill gaps, and providing training through the Skills Bridge program.
In addition to showing courtesy to our community, we also work hard to be courteous to our customers and partners as well. We do this by taking the time to meet with people to gain a full understanding of their wants, hopes, and expectations. Though this may seem like an easy decision, we have found some companies do not focus on people, and their primary focus is on product/outcome. This is where Quevera is distinctly different. We strongly believe that by focusing on people, whether it is the customer or our own employees, we can work together to innovate and solve complex problems that would otherwise seem impossible.